FICCI FLO NE will be hosting it’s Annual Women Achievers’ Awards on April 1, 2017.
FLO NE has recognized five amazing women who have contributed in women empowerment and taught women how to lead a self-driven life with dignity. They include:
· Purnima Devi Barman, also known as Hargila Baido (stork sister) is an environmentalist. She has been instrumental in changing the mindset of local women regarding the preservation of nature
· Nayama Ahmed, Assistant Jailor, Central Jail, Tezpur has only one focus, that is to rehabilitate women and help them lead a self-sufficient life
· Ikali Sukhalu from Dimapur, Nagaland, a fashion designer and creator of ‘The Little Nagas’ has consistently worked with women making them economically independent
· Daplin Rymbai from Meghalaya has formed self help groups of women working in horticulture and in the eradication of liquor menace
· Babita Baruah, Managing Partner, GTB India, WPP group, is yet another woman of substance from Assam. She initiates many programmes for the betterment if women in their career path
To honour these women with the awards, the team has invited Rina Dhaka, a prominent fashion designer, who is known for her fine sense of design and perfection in the ‘look and feel’ appeal. She will grace the occasion with her presence.
FLO North East has been promoting entrepreneurship and professional excellence among women through various workshops, seminars, conferences and capacity building programmes. The organization believes that successful women must be recognised not only because they deserve appreciation, but also because it encourages other women to brave the odds and emerge as victorious and confident self.
Every year, FLO North East recognizes the achievement of women who have excelled in their own fields and are icons of inspiration to the society.