Northeast India Fashion and Design Council in short FNDC celebrated the 15th edition of its signature beauty pageant, Miss Luit on December 9, 2015 at Pragjyoti-ITA Centre for Performing Arts.
It is that time of the year again, when young, beautiful and intelligent girls of this part of the country look up to Miss Luit, the most coveted title of Eastern India, which gives them a launch pad for an entry into the rewarding world of modeling and for the general public, a glittering event worth watching.
Three Title winners and 10 Sub-title winners out of 16 girls, chosen from the stringent auditions held across Northeast India vied for the crowns and attractive cash awards. The grand finale was held on December 9, 2015 at Pragjyoti-ITA Centre for performing Arts, Machkhowa, Guwahati.
Medha Saikia, the Founder and President of Northeast India Fashion and Design Council told, “Though the pageant looks at celebrating the essence of beauty, the five finalists will talk on one burning issue i.e. afflicting our society.”
The Celebrity Choreographer and International Grooming Expert Kaushik Ghosh of Delhi groomed the 17 contestants. Monisha Doley, the title winner of Craftsvilla Miss Ethnic India 2015 from Mumbai unveiled the crowns on in Guwahati.
The winners included:
- Miss Luit 2015 I – Khyati Das, Jorhat, Assam
- Miss Luit 2015 II – C Vanlalmalsawmi, Aizawl, Mizoram
- Miss Luit 2015 III – Shreya Borthakur, Sibsagar, Assam
- SUB-TITLE WINNERS:
- Miss Catwalk- Imandari from Meghalaya. sponsored by Zaree- An indo Western Studio
- Miss lustrous hair- Naina Patir from Assam. Sponsored by Head Turners Spa & Salon
- Lady Sun Shine- Madhusmita from Assam. sponsored by Geo Shine Gems Pvt Ltd
- Miss Talented- Poonam from Assam. sponsored by The Lily Hotel
- Miss Congeniality- Rashmi from Assam.
- Miss Social Network- Khyati Das from Assam
- Miss Personality- Maryam from Assam
- Miss Perfect 10- Raine from Assam
- Miss Photogenic- Patiently from Meghalaya
The judges included Meghali Das, Vinod Soni, Anupam Bora, Payal Oshan Goswamy, Dr Srutimala Duara, Maini Mahanta, Jayant Ray from Kolkata and Monisha Doley from Mumbai.